Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24th Import Goodies!

Gary and I have spent the last three days going to different areas in Tokyo, looking for a decent priced furniture store. The ones in the mall are artsy-fartsy and nice but very pricey and not much selection. Some of the larger outlet type stores have furniture but it's cheap and assemble it at home plywood stuff. We just need to find a nice mid-range decent but not too fancy store that delivers. Fortunately, we still have time as we don't move in until after Golden week which ends around May 5th. Also, the apartment is quite small so we need to do this in an organized manner to make the most with the space we have. We still haven't signed the contract but the realtor says it's ours so I'm going to take him at his word. Once there is an application put in the apartment is taken off the market so I know there is no one else seeing it. We should be signing sometime soon when we can coordinate Atsuko's day off, she's going in as translator for us and the owner.
However, in all our running around to different places we have found a few little import shops. There's one in particular called Kaldi Farm which imports food items for all over including some American stuff. There are several around the Tokyo metro area but they don't all have the same stuff so I check them out to see if I can find anything new. Yesterday I was really excited to find:
Gary is not a fan of Mac & Cheese but I love it! I love to fry up sausages and add them and some Worcestershire sauce and enjoy! It's comfort food and I  was so happy to find a couple of boxes!

The day before we were wandering Kichijoji and down a street called Nakamichi we found a small shop called Carnaval. I found some green Chili and a little later in a different Kaldi's, hidden amongst the regular salsa I found ONE jar of Green salsa! I have some corn tortillas frozen at the house and that means that I will be able to make some of my Green chili chicken Enchiladas! Yay!
 
Stupid little things like that really make a missionary's day!
 
Okay, on from food and on to feet!
 
The other day Atsuko gave me this, it's a foot peel that's supposed to make your feet all soft and new.
 


I decided to give it a try. I took out the little booties and put them on, they had a citrus based foot soak solution in them.

 
I left the booties on for 45 minutes and rinsed my feet and that was it. About 3 days later my feet did indeed peel. I'm not convinced that my feet resulted in anything miraculously softer though so I'm only giving this a 4 out of 10.  Figuring out foreign beauty stuff is a trip!
later all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment