Translate

Friday, November 16, 2012

Walk About

This morning we headed out again, exploring more of the Fuchu neighborhood. Fuchu appears to be a pretty much middleclass type neighborhood with a lot going on just about any time of day.
We hadn't eaten breakfast so the first item on the agenda was to find some food! We wandered down a couple of little side streets from the train station.
 
And found a small Tempura shop. (This is really a picture of Gary pretending to take a picture of me but really trying to discreetly get a picture of the tempura shop for you... sorry about my messy hair!)
 
 
Anyway, it was an inexpensive shop and served delicious food! We got a little octopus/seaweed salad appetizer. It tasted like the ocean.. seriously, I remember that flavor(?) while swimming in Panama!
 
 
Then our tempura meals arrived. I had hot udon soup with tempura on rice.
I had NO idea what to do with that giant wooden spoon, no one else had one,(I usually spy on other diners to see what to do), so I just used my chopsticks and left it there.
 
Gary had a set meal, as it's called here.
 
 
After taking care of breakfast we wandered the streets of fuchu a bit. While Gary rested on a bench I went in and explored a temple area. I think all temples have the temple dogs at the entrances.
 
This guy was also on guard...
 
 
 
Here are a few shots...
 


 
 
And a short video.
 
 
I honestly don't know much about Japanese temples or religion, I did just purchase a book by a Christian Anthropologist about Japans history, religions etc. to give myself a bit more insight into the Japanese mindset etc.
 
Whenever we're out and about I like to take pictures of funny English translations that I'll randomly post in my blog.  Check out the Hello Kitty stamp.. Atsuko was pretty indignant by the  "Back to my hometown LONDON!!!!"
 

           Of course we all need to have Scum absorbent sheets handy in the kitchen!



I think we should eat the "healthy menu from my home!" I like the chicken sign in the back too..."This is the real chicken!"

 

  This was the restaurant name right next to the tempura shop we ate at...yummy! (actually it does look good despite the name!)


                        At some point I will buy and try these noodles just for the fun of it!
 
 
Some new Christmas lights were up... the Japanese haven't quite gotten the concept down yet. There are apparently Christmas unicorns...
 


                                                                        owls....

 

                                                                        And fish!

 
 
Until next time!!!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment