Translate

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Some Random Stuff

A lot has been going on since we arrived here a week ago, lots of new experiences!
My quest for a decent cup of coffee for one. Finally today I managed to find a good latte at a coffee shop! Yay!!! Unfortunately, I can't afford to do coffee shop every day. I have been having fun trying different types of canned coffees from vending machines... some even come out hot!
                                                   (I have no idea why this coffee is called Fire)
Gary tried this one ...especially for men it said(I tried it too anyway!)
I think it's funny that this is the face for Boss Coffee's!
 
 
   This one isn't a coffee, it's tea, but I had to try it because the name cracked me up along with the proper English woman picture on the can!

                            
 

 
Another dilemma I had was washing laundry! Had fun figuring out the washing machine... Just kept jabbing buttons till I heard water lol!!!



And then there was The Toilet! Japanese toilets are in a class all their own! This one had buttons for kids, for washing, blow drying, water pressure and some I'm too afraid to push! I went into a department store restroom today and on the wall in the stall was a little white box with a hand symbol on it. I wasn't sure what it was, (I thought maybe it was a "help" button and if I pushed it someone would run into the stall to RESCUE me!!!! So I just waved my hand in front of it and suddenly there was a flushing, running water sound ...guess it's to mask any other sounds going on in the stall.

 
 
Anyway, those are a few of the random things I've faced in the last few days! More to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having a good time, drinking lots of coffee, like always, though coffee would not be the first thing on my agenda in Japan but its still fun, hey take pictures of different vending machines to look at all the fun stuff in them.
    love you mommy and daddy! xoxox

    ReplyDelete