Translate

Friday, November 2, 2012

Narita:Out and About

Since we knew we'd be arriving in the evening to Narita Airport, Gary booked us for 2 nights at a local hotel to give us a chance to recover from the trip . Narita is about an hour or so from Tokyo proper. Our room was quite small but clean and had all the amenities.

Day one we both woke feeling refreshed, we showered and decided to go out to see what we could find to eat and to explore  the neighborhood a little.
 
Across the street from the hotel we find a Bento box lunch shop, we both ordered a box. Mine was the pork cutlet in Japanese Curry, Gary had the smoked fish box with tsukemono. Next we went next door to the 7-11 store(they are quite popular here) where instead of hotdogs they sell all sorts of tasty Japanese treats and goodies. We bought some gyoza and Gary did very well using a bit of his Japanese and gesturing and after picking up a couple of promising looking beverages we headed back to our room to enjoy our first meal in Japan!

After eating, I adventured out on my own to do some exploring while Gary took care of business at the hotel.I crossed the train station and discovered Mc Donalds! I decided to buy Gary a soda ...tried to get a LARGE soda but didn't make myself clear because the girl charged me 100 yen and handed me a tiny child-size cup! I just took it and left...lol. I'll figure it out eventually!


I wandered up and down little streets ...there were no square blocks..everything is diagonal with streets that vary in size from very narrow to more normal size..I loved it! I ran across a vending machine that sold Coke Zero and bought Gary one to accompany his tiny soda! On the way back to the hotel I stopped and bought more gyoza...those 7-11 gyoza are VERY good!
Here's a clip of some of my wandering around. I never did find that temple...


No comments:

Post a Comment