Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 6th 2013

A couple of weeks ago my 7" tablet crashed and refused to be revived despite Gary's best efforts. We had gotten a good deal on it a year ago, it was used and I put it to hard work myself so we couldn't complain too much. I really did miss my tablet though! today Gary surprised me by ordering me the just out Asus Memo 7 HD for my birthday! It looks like a really good tablet and at $149 retail it's a good price as well! I can't wait for mine to arrive!




Gary's dad has been in the hospital since last week. He wasn't eating and became dehydrated so my sister-in-law took him to the emergency room and he was admitted.  He's doing better but is going to need some time to recuperate. Please keep him in your prayers.
 
 
The hardest part of being a missionary or pastoring far from home is when there is a family crisis and you can't be there to help.
The other day my mother said to me, "If you come home after I die..." and while I told her I fully expected her to remain alive until I can see her again we both do realize that part of the cost of ministry life may be that I won't ever see her again on this earth. And she is so cute I REALLY do want to see her again!
 
 
 
On to the food portion of my blog!
I sometimes feel like I'm a multiple personality as far as cooking goes! I have Mexican me who loves to cook all things Mexican, there is American me and there is Asian me. Today I will share some of my Mexican favorites, starting with my darling Mexicana, Hopie aka Esperanza! Here we are making our annual Christmas time tamales! She likes tamales dulce and I like tamales de carne de puerco con salsa verde!
 
I also enjoy a tasty milanesa de pollo con arroz y frijolitos!
 




Of course we can't forget Mole!

 
Left over mole? No problem enchiladas de mole are delish!
 
Or my simple fried quesadillas de queso!

 
 
                            Low on $? Nothing cheaper or tastier than some enfrijoladas!
 

 
And to top it all off, a nice cup of Abuelita chocolate!
 
                                                                         Provecho!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. yes, happy birthday! Loved the instagram pics of ur birthday meal, yum! BTW, speaking of Mexican food, I also miss your tamales and sopes! I used to think I was a pretty good "white Mexican woman", but I am a far cry compared to you. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my Mexican cooking too!LOL Sure wish I could find the ingredients here!
      I always enjoyed your smothered burritos!

      Delete