Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12th

So how is everyone? We're doing good here apart from the heat wave. Yes, Japan is in the middle of a heat wave! We hit 100 degrees plus high humidity so that was even hotter than anything we had in Panama! Hard to believe!  Apparently, this heat wave is breaking records for Japan so maybe it's just an anomaly. 

My birthday came and went on the 8th, this is my last year in my 40's and then I enter a new decade! Gary and I had an enjoyable day. He took me to the Kururu mall in Fuchu and then we went out to eat. I had Tonkatsu noodle soup and gyoza, afterwards we stopped at Douters and had coffee and desert! My dentist laughed when I told her we went to Fuchu for my birthday, she said most people would go to Shinjuku , or someplace fancier. Fuchu is rather low key and suburban which is exactly why I like it!

The day after my birthday I went to the dentist again and had to have a root canal...that was fun...


On to nicer topics....

Gary had his first meeting with a Japanese tutor today. The local community center pairs up volunteers with folks wanting Japanese lessons. I'll wait and see how it goes for him, and if it works out I may try it as well.


On to food!

Last night, I made Japanese style burgers. I used a ready made sauce packet, because I was lazy and I like this one!

 It's very easy, just fry up some little slider size burgers and add the sauce and heat through! Served with rice on the side it's fast and filling. It's almost like little meat loafs rather than burgers .  Sometimes I feel like going all out and cooking from scratch and sometimes I want easy and tasty!

The other day I was feeling like Sukiyaki, I hadn't made that in a while so I pulled out my electric Nabe pot and made us some. The first and last time I had used the electric Nabe pot I had filled it too full and didn't keep a close eye on it and it bubbled over onto the table and the floor so I got mad at it (not at myself!) and put it away for a long time! I decided to give it another try, but this time I kept a close eye on things and it worked out very well!
                                                      
                                             Here it is served up with rice and tea!
 
That's about it for here right now. Hopefully this heat wave will let up and I'll get out and about more soon! 
 
Oh yeah, my Asus Memo tablet arrived ... I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment