Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 16th! Mu Bus and stuff!

The other  day Gary and I were waiting on the Mu bus, (that is our handy little local bus that will transport us between our home and Mitaka or Kichijoji train Station),

 Anyway, I looked out the door of the bus and couldn't help admiring these beautiful orchids!
 
I know the picture could be clearer but I was taking it on zoom from a bus! Flowers are a big thing here, you see them everywhere. Some are for the ancestor altar in homes but otherwise I think folks just really like flowers because I see more florist stalls here it seems.  Anyway, these orchids were particularly nice! So perfectly symmetrical.
 
Tuesday, Gary and I braved the heat and headed to Maedame Station. We've been doing a little exploring and looking around . We had passed by this station before but never gotten off to check out the neighborhood. Due to the heat we didn't make it real far before we were looking for anyplace air conditioned! We ended up having some lunch at Gustos. I had some French fries and a salad and Gary had the fish lunch plate. Our waitress was a lady around our age and she spoke some English. We gave her a card and invited her to join the English class we are planning to start.  Afterwards we headed back to the station!
Here's a couple of pictures from Maedame area.

                                                                              
                                                                            On to food!

I felt like eating Mexican or Southwest food the other day so I opened one of my precious green chili cans and a can of beans I had found. Ended up with some green chili and beans and Mexican rice. I added a sliced banana on my rice which is a Mexico City thing. At the Comida Corridas in Mexico City they would offer us a sliced banana or a fried egg on our rice... both were good!
 
That's it for now, off to finish hanging laundry!

2 comments:

  1. yummmm! Im making Chorizo tacos tomorrow (finally found fresh chorizo that I add a little cumin to and works) Your Bus is adorable! Wonder if its polite to take pictures of other peoples dead relatives, or they are used to it by now, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture of the flowers were at a flower stall on the street not at an ancestor altar. Ancestor altars are found in people's homes and I wouldn't be taking a picture of those..lol!

      Delete