Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

August 23rd

So a couple of days ago I spent an hour writing up a blog post and then I accidently deleted it! Argghhh!!! Don't ask me how, when it comes to technology I'm capable of messing up even the simplest device!
Anyway, I was disgusted with myself and decided not to come back here and try again until now!

It's been an interesting last few days. More dentist for me as usual and I went to the library - I LOVE my library, apart from the books they have a nice selection of English newspapers and magazines.
Gary went and looked at a couple of buildings for the church, unfortunately they didn't work out, but he has another few to look at in the next day or two. At least THIS realtor is actually looking for us for buildings. 

We received some sad news the other day that a friend from our home church passed away unexpectedly. She loved Jesus more than anything though so I know she is alright and we will meet again someday. However, I will miss her smile and friendship when we go back to our home church.

My father in law is still not doing well. He's had to make a couple of more trips back to the emergency room from the rehab/nursing center. He is losing weight at an alarming rate so more tests are being run. It's very hard of course for Gary's sister dealing with all of that on her own and it's very hard for us to be so far away and not being able to help. Please keep them all in your prayers.

Taiwan has been being hit by a typhoon and Japan seems to be getting some peripheral thunder storms as a result. The other day we had a pretty good gully washer and this happened:

They did get some technicians in that very evening and had the elevator back up and running by morning...though it did smell like wet carpet inside!


                                          On to food!  

I mentioned earlier that Gary learned how to order Dominos pizza online and how wonderful that has been! Dominos pizza has a few different items on their menu apart from pizza that we don't see in the States.   One thing they offer is roast chicken!



 

They also have some surprisingly delicious ribs! The bbq sauce comes separately for you to add on your own. The ribs are very tender and juicy and since I have yet to find ribs in a grocery store this is a really nice treat! 
 
 
For desert there are these tasty little baked custard like tartlets. They aren't much to look at but they are very good!
 



               That's it for now, I'll try not to delete this post!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I understand the writing a whole bunch and losing it, giving up, disgusted, lol! Yes, our dear sister in Christ is in glory and will be missed by many people! Still praying for Mr. Case's healing and your building situation. Always love your food discoveries. Wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Last post was mine (Heather), David was signed in and I was unaware, so it tagged him as commenting, not me, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I thought David was sounding a lot like you! He's never referred to me as his dear Sister either!lol

      Delete