Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1st Up off the floor!

We have a bedroom! Our bedroom furniture arrived today! After so many months of sleeping on futons we have a bed! Not that the futons weren't comfortable, they were, but getting up off the floor isn't as easy as it once was! As promised, here are a photo and a small video so you can see!

 
We still need to get Gary a chest of drawers and another nightstand for me but it's SO much better even with these few pieces of furniture!
 
By the time I finished unboxing the nightstand and chest and then sorting the closet out, putting up the futons, arranging my clothes, washing blankets etc. I was tired out. I took a little nap on the bed and I think the mattress will be comfy. This is the first brand new bed and mattress we have ever owned in almost 30 years of marriage...crazy!
 
After the nap, I took Speedy to the grocery store. Gary made some salsa, and I made burrito fixings and a macaroni salad for dinner! Yummy!
 
Now it's bath time. Did I mention that on my electronic water heater there is a button I can push and it fills the tub up for me and tells me when it's ready? Also, I set the water temperature at whatever I want so I never have to fuss with the hot and cold to get the right temperature! The Japanese really know how to set up a nice bathroom!  Oops! Looks like my bath is ready! Bye!
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice bedroom set! Wonderful thing that our missionaries are blessed overseas with things often unattainable in US...God's hand of favor and blessing for forsaking all for His greater purpose! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a first on our overseas trips. In Mexico we had a sofa sleeper mattress we had thrown on the floor (and I was 8months pregnant!). In Panama we had the former Pastors' bed. This is definitely a blessing!

      Delete