Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 22

Haven't posted on my blog this week... sorry. Mostly this week I've taken care of necessary stuff  and  spent the rest of the time listening to the Tuscon conference sermons online. What a blessing to be able to share in the conference all the way across the world!  For those of you who don't know, our church attends a conference in Tuscon every June, pastors from all over the U.S. and world come together for a week of fellowship and preaching. During that time church business is conducted as well with new churches and pastor changes being announced.
So anyway, apart from enjoying the conference away from the conference what else has happened?
I spent a few hours yesterday walking ALL over Kichijoji looking for a dental office.  I had called a number from the community center to help foreigners find English speaking medical doctors dentists etc.  They passed on to me the name and address of a dental office with an English speaking dentist but after walking around searching for a couple of hours I got tired out and just went to Mister Donut instead! (yeah, that's REAL good for my teeth!). I'll have to give it another try next Tuesday when the dentist is supposed to be in the office, but this time I'll Google the address first!
We've had mostly a very rainy week, looks like Tropical Storm 1304 decided to just brush past us though and dump rain so that's good. Today is finally sunny outside so of course I have clothes washed and hanging on the line to dry, I need to take advantage of these sunny days as rainy season is upon us!
Gary received his batch of outreach business cards this week, so we'll be hitting the streets and inviting people to our English Bible study!  Can't wait to get started! We're still looking for a building but will figure out a meeting place in the meantime.  There's a big outdoor area at a local Starbucks we may have coffee and study at to start with. Here's a picture of the front and back of the cards. Business cards are big deals here, if you give one to someone they take it with both hands and stare at it for about a minute (showing proper respect I guess) before putting it away.



 
That's it for here!

1 comment:

  1. Try contacting the Tokyo Medical and Dental University. http://www.tmd.ac.jp/english/index.html

    LvDem/TBM

    ReplyDelete