Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10th "Are you a Christian?"

Gary and I had some errands to run and decided to head over to our old stomping grounds...Fuchu. Fuchu is a pretty area and has the Can Do and 100 Yen store we like. We shopped around picking up some household stuff and ran across a couple of funny things. We often see products with words in English , often times poorly translated words that make us laugh. This one caught my eye!
 Yes, it's a small can of butane gas for a little stove named.... "My Bombe" !!!!!


At another store we were looking at some fans. Summer has definitely arrived here and we were in need of another fan for the apartment. I wanted to get this one but Gary vetoed that choice!
                         Who wouldn't want a little elephant fan that blows air out of it's trunk?!

We didn't get Mr. Elephant and headed over to Tenya for some tempura dinner. I had a new dish they offered with soba noodles and tempura on top and then you poor a little bottle of broth on top of  it and eat it. It was pretty good!
Then it was time to head home, but I needed to stop at a bakery and Gary wanted to go back and pick up a fan we had seen so I told him I'd wait for him by the bus bench when I finished at the bakery. Well, I bought some things and settled in with my shopping on a bench next to a guy (I thought he was a young man but he was in his early thirties (Japanese look So young, I can never tell ages here!).  I was enjoying watching all the people walk by and found myself praying internally for Japan and asking God for help in reaching this country. Out of the blue, the man I'm sitting next to looks at me and asks, in very shaky English, what country I'm from. I tell him America and he looks at me and says, "Are you a Christian?"  Can you get a better opening than that?! I looked at him and said, "I am, are you?"   He looks down at the can of hard lemonade he was drinking , and sheepishly said, "No". The next 20 minutes we held a very disjointed conversation with lots of hand signals and his little bit of English and my even less of Japanese. He has some understanding though of Christianity and Jesus. He understood when I explained that my husband is a pastor. He told me he was messed up and his heart is broken and I told him Jesus can fix his heart!  Gary arrived then and I introduced them, we talked some more but then it was time to catch the bus home. Gary got his email address and on the bus ride home they were able to talk more clearly through the emails translation program. Please be praying for him, his name is Hirotosi, he's sad and in need of Jesus and I hope we can stay in contact with him.

6 comments:

  1. I want the elephant fan! i love elephants!!!!!! Im glad you got to meet Hirotosi sounds like you could have your first deciple !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God (not for the fan; although it is cool)! I really feel that the curiosity of the Japanese people will draw them to your church. This was a perfect example. Can't wait for the day when Des and I step into that land!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for you and Des to come too!

      Delete
    2. I didn't know you and Des wanted to go there, praise God, will pray an open door!

      Delete
  3. Praise God for God's quick answering of your prayer!!! That just blesses me tremendously to hear that he was so open!

    ReplyDelete