Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30th

The other day we heard from our oldest daughter, Katie, who lives in Panama. She was on her way to the hospital for x-rays as she'd had an accident while surfing. After a LONG 24 hours we heard back from her (it's amazing all the things I can imagine) - she has whiplash and bruised ribs but she'll heal up in time. A child is always a parents' child even when they are all grown up! In my head I know she's a grown woman.
                                     
                                         But in my heart she'll always be my Katiebear!
                           I thank God that she wasn't hurt worse and that she didn't drown!

Today Gary and I headed over to MISHOP (Mitaka International Society for Hospitality).  They offer Japanese lessons, and help with other "foreigner" issues. I look forward to getting some help with language studies! We had a nice conversation with the very helpful lady there!

On the way home we stopped at the 100 Yen store and picked up some household stuff. The 100 Yen store is like our Dollar Store. Lots of good stuff and cheap too!

It was a rainy/drizzly day outside, I think rainy season may be upon us!  When we got home I made us a couple of lattes and we had a coffee break! We had picked up a few snacks, Gary found this Pear sandwich, at least that's what he figured it was from the pears all over the package!
 
Sure enough, when he cut it in half the sandwich had a type of whipped cream and pear filling..it was sweet and tasty!


The other day I picked up a package of little individually wrapped cakes, they look bigger than they are in the picture. They are actually about 1 1/2 inches around. They are called Baum Kuchen which Gary informs me is German for Tree Cake.(Yes, Gary knows some German) Unwrapped, the name makes sense since the cake looks like the rings in a tree trunk!
 
 
Another snack we grabbed were our favorite Edamame chips. They are green and taste like edamame- really nice! (And the little bear on the package is cute too!)
 
                                                                   That's it for today!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your daughter was alright! I love seeing all the little snacks over in Japan! The gummies were really good, so I'm sure they have a lot of other good things. The pear sandwich looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pear sandwich was yummy! I do like trying new snacks, amazing all the different combinations folks come up with!

      Delete