Translate

Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24th Beds,Snacks and Sofa!

Gary and I had been looking around and it looked like the department store Nitori may be a good bet to get a bed. Unfortunately, none of the Nitori stores were close to train or bus routes so being the lazy people we are we had put off making the hike to go Bedroom shopping. Yesterday, however, we decided it was time! Gary plotted a course that involved buses, trains and no little bit of walking but we headed out and made it to the store! Nitori is a large department store chain with many household goods, bedding and furniture. We immediately began trying different beds and mattresses and finally settled on a double bed... we're used to a kingsize but the bedroom size and price made that a bit unrealistic. We can manage on a double bed though as we have in all our hotel stays here as long as I don't turn diagonally on the bed as I'm known to do! We also found a couple pieces of bedroom furniture .. a night stand and something I can use for my clothes and as a night stand. The furniture will arrive June 1st...yay!!! Nitori was very accommodating and as we had bought so much furniture they also offered to deliver  a few small pieces for us free of charge which is great since I don't have to haul an ironing board or small table for the bathroom on a bus or train now! That stuff was sent separately by Takkyubin and I'll get that May 28th! Takkyubin is one of Japan's many delivery services. They will pick up things from your home and deliver them. Not just boxed items like UPS, for example, when we arrived we had our luggage delivered the next day by Takkyubin. That left our hands free and we could just hop the train home without hauling luggage everywhere! The main Takkyubin service I see around town is this one:


                                         I love their Mama kitty carrying Baby kitty logo!

After we finished we started to head back home and passed a Mc Donald's on the way. Since it was 8 p.m. we decided to stop for dinner. I had some chicken nuggets with wasabi sauce! The sauce really had a kick to it and it was delicious!


Today our sofa finally arrived! It took almost a month for delivery but it was well worth the wait! Space restrictions kept us to a small sofa but it fits Gary and I comfortably and it's very comfy!



 
 Gary expressed a desire for stew today so I headed to the grocery store on Speedy, my trusty bike! While there I picked up one of the tasty snacks here that I enjoy called dango.  Dango (団子) is a Japanese dumpling and sweets made from mochiko (rice flour), related to mochi.  It comes in many different flavors, my favorite so far is Mitarashi which is dango covered with a sweet glaze made from soy sauce, sugar and starch! Here you go!
                                                                   That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, your video made laugh....chewy...I think you use that word often to describe foods. Nice couch! LOVE your posts! Much love from US. ;)

    ReplyDelete