Translate

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22 2013

The last couple of days have been nice out weather wise though I think rainy season starts soon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the sunshine!  Me and my bike have been enjoying it as well. My legs are a bit sore but it's good exercise and makes going to the grocery store SO much easier since I just throw my bags into the bike baskets to bring them home.  I went to the library today and got some Japanese cookbooks so hopefully I'll be trying out some new recipes soon! Gary asked me to check to see if the library has any group study rooms available... something we can use to get an English Bible study started or something. The library has two but they are pretty small rooms so we'll have to see. We are busy looking now days for a church building or some place we can meet and get started. 
Our sofa arrives on Friday! I'm very excited... I don't have a comfy lounging chair so it'll be nice!  Today I made Arroz con pollo y calabacitas! I do still love Mexican food! It was a nice change of pace and I managed to find enough ingredients to make it. it is a shame though to use good Japanese rice for Arroz con pollo but I admit it tasted delicious! Food here is SO expensive though, I'd rather use cheap rice but I can't find it here and I might be embarrassed to buy inferior rice in Japan anyway!  Fruit is horribly expensive, a single orange is over $2, a watermelon over $10. I occasionally buy fruit since I don't want to develop berry berry or scurvy but it's definitely a treat!
Not much else has been going on  so that's it for now! Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment