Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

March 30th Nabe

Late getting to this today, woke up with things to do and errands to run. However, now that I've showered, ridden to the grocery store and back, washed and hung up laundry, made dinner and eaten lunch I can stop and take care of this business!
It's cloudy and chillier  again today, still it's in the 50's so I won't complain. It hasn't rained either so hopefully my clothes will dry!
We've heard back from a couple of people regarding possible apartments so hopefully will be able to look into those on Monday.
Today I decided to make  Nabe for dinner. Nabe is a word for this pot:
You can buy different Nabe starter broths like this one:
 

There are actually many different starter broths , some are spicy, some are for chicken and others for pork, beef or seafood. They show you with pictures on the back what to do:(well it says a bunch of stuff too so who knows what I'm missing!)
 
(I'm guessing shake the bag and pour into Nabe  and add ingredients) So I looked at the picture on the front of the package and tried to find the ingredients I saw in the picture.
Some mushrooms..
                                            I bought three type because I really like mushrooms...
                                            Some cabbage and a close cousin to our leek.

And finally some tofu (I like firm tofu but honestly I have no idea what type I bought) and some thinly sliced pork.

So I added the broth to the Nabe:
Added all the ingredients and simmered:
 
 Presto!!! Dinner is ready!
I still don't know what kind of Nabe this is but it tastes pretty good!
 
I was feeling peckish while waiting for this to cook so I ate this tasty sushi and fancy sandwich. The stores here have the tastiest little sandwiches premade!

That's it for today!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, makes me want to find a store with Japanese food products and make a meal like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete