Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 27th

I am so glad that every country we've lived in has their own version of Choco Krispis!!!(Can't remember the name in English but that's it's Spanish cousin!) In Japan they are called...???? But they taste the same and some mornings (or evenings) a nice bowl of Choco Krispis really hits the spot!
 
Anyway, on to more important things! Yesterday we went to the bank to open an account, everything was looking good until we showed them our residency card and the bank employee informed us that our address wasn't listed on the card.  Before we can open an account we need to go to the city hall/municipal building to have them put our address on the back of our cards. Sigh..so that's what we'll do today hopefully and then head back to the bank to get our account. We have to have a Japanese bank account to rent our apartment, but once we have the address on our residency card it should be easy to get an account. Interesting thing though, they don't do joint accounts here for married couples, I guess everyone just has their own accounts.
We also took a super long train trip yesterday, we thought it might be a faster route than the way we were going to take...WRONG!!! Oh well, live and learn!
In case you haven't noticed, now that we're living in Japan my blog will be less touristy-though I still have so much to see and experience here in Tokyo and will include that as well.  It will be more of a journal of my day to day activities.. which might just bore some of you silly! Sorry about that, but, hey I'm a girl, we love to talk, even to ourselves on blogs!
That's it for today, it looks rainy outside so we'll be taking umbrellas on our search for city hall and bank accounts!
 

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are not a bore at all!!! I love reading about your everday encounters! I would rather hear the real deal, and yes, the occassional tourist thing; but mainly what new things your learning and adapting to. It helps me (and possibly others!) get perspective on what being a missionary adjusting in a new country is like! Keep up the journal entries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could start another blog with just fictitious exciting things .... "today I met a Samurai on the road" ... for those who find my real life too boring!lol

      Delete