Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

March 26th

 
So yesterday we met with a realtor and looked at a "large" apartment. It's generously called a 3dlk which means that apart from the dining/kitchen/living area (which is perhaps a dining/kitchen area ..no room for a couch, it has 3 other small rooms. One of those rooms is Japanese style tatami mat and the size of my last bathroom. I could use it with a small Japanese eating table and a couple of pillows on the floor though that's about it. That would leave me a bedroom and living/office space all for the low low price of , $1,450/month! (sarcasm)The realtor was very nice though and was able to give us an idea of what we need to do before we can rent a place here -so our next steps are to get a Japanese bank account and cellphone and then we can look at more places.
   On another note,I had ordered a couple of shirts for my daughter before we left Japan and they arrived the other day, the shirts were too big though so we were going to return them to be exchanged. This morning a man arrived for the package and we got to play 20 questions in Charades before I understood what he wanted! (He was doing fine, the problem was definitely me!)
Before heading out today to see about the cell phones and Bank thing I decided to make something for dinner later, I hate cooking after I've been walking all over the city.. too tired! I found this package of Chicken Cacciatora Mix and decided to give it a try.
 
It comes with self explanatory pictures on the back:
 
Anyway, it smells good and I think it'll be tasty!
So we're headed out the door to try to solve some of these boring things so we can get an apartment! Pray for us!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment