Translate

Sunday, March 31, 2013

April 1st Of Easter, Food and Stuff

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...of course if you don't have your camera with you that means you have to write a thousand words! Fortunately there is Google and I was able to search other peoples pictures to find some of the stuff I want to show you!
Easter morning we woke up and prepared to go to church with Atsuko. She told us there would be Easter service and a party afterwards...boy was there! There was food, singing, games and lots of fellowship! We were served something new that I hadn't tried yet called Chirashizushi. Basically it's sushi fixings in a bowl and it was delicious!
 
We had a nice time visiting with some of the folks who were willing to practice their English on us. One little old lady declared that Gary looks kind of like Colonel Sanders after finding out he is from Kentucky! lol
After church we headed to Tachikawa to a mall there. Atsuko needed a new pair of shoes for her nursing job and we needed to send a Thankyou gift to our lawyer's office.
There is a whole section of stores that specialize in food gift boxes, for a small fee they will deliver them to their recipients as well.
We picked out a box with a tasty looking selection of tea cakes to be delivered to our lawyer Mr. Honda and his secretary Ms. Watanabe as they were both very helpful to us in procuring our Visa.
After that we made it to a cellphone shop and found a nice young man who explained our cellphone options to us. Looks like we have found a workable plan and will be heading back there on Tuesday to get hooked up! (I confess I found the cellphone store a bit boring so I just dozed off in a chair while Gary talked technology...I guess that means I'll deserve whatever phone I end up with!)
After that, we were all hungry again so we headed to a really neat ramen food court.
There are about seven Ramen shops and apparently they have Iron Chef style Ramen competitions.
 
 
After looking at all the offerings we decided on The Samurai shop as they offered Kyushu style ramen and since Gary's mom is from there we wanted to try it.
We had the roast pork #1 favorite ramen and it was SO good! The pork had a nice roasted flavor and the noodles were the smaller somen noodles just like Gary said his Mom always prefers.
I will definitely have to return there again sometime with my camera. It was a small restaurant inside, not fancy at all and I could see right into the little kitchen with the cooks with bandanas tied around their heads yelling to the waiters and flames from the pans and large billows of steam rising from the cooking. Yes, I'm a nosey people watcher and I enjoyed watching all that going on as much as the food!
After the ramen we finished up with a very simple Chinese tofu desert. It tasted like a smooth almond flavored custard. Light and refreshing!
So that was my Japanese Easter! The only boiled egg I had was in my Ramen!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment