Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

September 15th Festival Day Part 2

So here's Part 2.
In the afternoon we had an appointment with our realtor guy. He's been trying very hard to find us a building to rent but it's very difficult to find a place willing to rent to a church so we need LOTS of prayers about that!  However, he did find this place in Shibuya for us to see so off we headed! Though Shibuya is a ways from our house it's not hard to get there because there's a direct train from the Kichijoji station, so we just take our Mu bus there and hop on the train.  Unfortunately, due to festivities and traffic our Mu bus was late! Me and this lady started chatting after Gary and I shared our umbrella with her when it was raining some.  It was funny because we understood only a few words between us but even when the bus arrived she kept chatting with me as I sat next to her and laughing!
Also while I was standing there, the only Gaijin in sight, these two ladies pulled up on bicycles, one gets off and speaks to me in English and gives me a Watch Tower magazine in English! I got outreached by a JW! LOL! I remember when Gary and I lived in Caleta de Campos in Mexico, there was no running water or electricity but the Atalaya's (JW's) and Mormons had beaten the Evangelicals to that village! Shame on us!
So anyway, the bus arrived and we headed to Shibuya finally!
Here's the building we were looking at.
                                                It's the space on the ground floor.


 It has nice big windows and I like the face Gary is making at me! lol  It's also got a bathroom and small kitchenette with a single burner.


 
 We are still looking at a couple other properties this week I think (unless the owners change their minds about renting to a church) so hopefully we'll get something soon!

After we looked at the building, Gary and I decided to explore the neighborhood. It was busy celebrating festival too so we also managed to pick up a treat! Gary had grilled squid and I chose a strawberry sucker. The real fruit is dipped in the melted sucker sauce and as it cools it hardens so you eat the sucker and then have tasty fruit in the middle!


 
Here's a few more pics from the area.
This little girl was fishing out little plastic figurines , so many to choose from but she was only picking her favorite Doraemon!
 
This man was really cool, he shaped candy into Pokémon suckers! He was an artist!

                                                                I choose you Pikachu!
 
This guy is cooking Okonomiaki !

                                      Lot's of folks out celebrating and wearing Kimonos!
 
When we got back to Shibuya Station we heard music and saw these dancers.
 
 
And this guy playing and singing too!
 
 
I'm not sure what this instrument is but he was rock'in it!
 
After that we caught our train and headed home! Our feet were sore from all the walking but it was worth it! 
 

3 comments:

  1. The building looks very promising, Pastor is looking thinner, and the Japanese guitar is a Tsugaru Shamisen (I think, lol). :) Gotta love Google! Loved the little parade/procession of dancers/singers in the quaint little street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and had to share this youtube video of Shamisen player in Tokyo. Who knows, you may run into him yourself. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-bYB4YRfc8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for doing my home work for me! Lol! I loved the video link that guy was something else!!!!

    ReplyDelete