Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept. 9th 2013

I had kind of a random day today. Took care of laundry, did some light house cleaning and finished reading a murder mystery that I picked up at the library last week.  Gary had his Japanese lesson this morning so I didn't bother with breakfast, just made myself some coffee and putzed around! I made some Mexican Spaghetti for dinner -basically spaghetti that is cooked and has ham, onion and salsa. (I also add cream cheese to it as it makes it smoother and tastier.)  Of course my Mexican spaghetti is never as good or as HOT as my daughter Katie's! It had been quite a while since we'd had any though so it was nice!

On to other things....
I was walking home from the store the other day and found this cicada shell. You can see where the back split open to let the cicada escape!

I love the sound of Cicadas, maybe it's a throw back to my childhood when we would catch them and watch them molt from their shells.  Whatever it is, I find the sound of them pleasant.
A couple of weeks ago I found some cute little bath toys, what made them interesting is that they are ceramic and they float! (And they are cute!) I bought a goldfish, a koi and a turtle!


On Saturday, we had to stay home until the inspectors came through our apartment to test all of the fire/carbon monoxide alarms. The notice had said any time between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. but they didn't arrive until 1:30p.m.! Afterwards, Gary and I went to Kichijoji to take care of some shopping. and for dinner. We had a nice dinner at Ootoya.  Ootoya is just a popular, mid range restaurant here but as you can see from their U.S. site it's a bit fancier in the States!
http://www.ootoya.us/

The other day I bought a packaged noodle dinner. 
 

There are SO MANY different types and flavors here that I thought I'd occasionally try one and see how it is.  It was alright for an emergency, but nothing I'd like to eat daily! (Yes, that's mayonnaise on top... mayo is very popular on noodles and stuff here!)
                                                         


I also picked up a packaged desert that made BIG promises!

 
While tasty, it didn't quite live up to it's advertised dream promises!
 
That's it for today!

5 comments:

  1. I always assumed those dry noodle packages weren't very nutritious (aka ramens), but obviously even Japanese sell and eat them, lol. College kids would love to hear that! I also love cicada sounds, have heard them off and on here over the summer. And crickets! Love that too! So, are seeing the Olympic hype where you are? It seems to be a bit deal on the news. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard there was a big public party thingy somewhere in Tokyo over it, but it's a big town and I missed it! lol

      Delete
  2. Well Lisa, they look good anyway!!! Here I am sitting at my desk at work and now I have the urge for Ramens...ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bath toys are really neat. I use to have the wind-up versions when I was a kid of course they were plastic and made in China! lol

    ReplyDelete