Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3rd Toothache and Dentist


Yesterday, I spent 2 1/2 hours at the dentist! I've been needing to go and it had finally gotten past the point of optional. Fortunately, Dr. Minami lived and studied in the U.S. so she speaks very good English and she will be helping me get my dental situation fixed. It was worse than I thought but after 6 or 7 more visits, 3 crowns, a bridge and all my fillings replaced I should be good to go. I know....EEEEKKKK!!!! This is going to be a long painful summer but I like keeping my teeth. She was fascinated that I had dental work from three different countries in my mouth, by the time she finishes though it'll all be Japanese! I thank God that my kids and husband all have better teeth than I do!

I've been experimenting with the cake setting on the rice cooker. I made a very nice banana cake yesterday!I think we have the hang of it now for baking cakes anyway. So far I've done a chocolate and a banana cake.
Today Gary took me to the salaryman breakfast place. For only 390 yean, I had a very nice Japanese breakfast. I had rice, tsukemono, gyudon beef, miso soup, salad, a hotdog sausage and a fried egg! It was very filling and delicious.  After having the Japanese breakfast I decided to go American for dinner and made us porkchops, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy! 
All of this talk about food is making me hungry, think I'll have some tea and banana cake! Later!

5 comments:

  1. That's very good you know how to make cakes in rice cooker. I always wondered how I'd go about any baking while in Asia, since most Asian kitchens don't have an oven. "Necessity is the mother of all inventions!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is! I made another one today and made some cream cheese frosting to go on top! I took a piece over to my neighbor lady who speaks English. She seemed surprised and dare I say, impressed, that I had figured out to use my rice cooker like that!Lol

      Delete
  2. I am bummed Lisa :( Does this mean when we come we wont be able to eat it up like its 1999?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time you arrive I will have an all new mouth! All my dental work in there is being replaced so we will chow down like nobodies business!

      Delete
  3. It's very inspiring to know that you're ready to bear any pain just to maintain the health of your teeth! Without good set of teeth, you will not be able to eat to your heart's content and it might also affect your self-esteem. Anyway, keep it up and take care of your kids' dental health as well.

    ReplyDelete