Translate

Monday, October 2, 2023

Nine Years Later!!!

 So time for a quick catch up on the old blog that I just ran across again! Nine long years have past and A LOT has happened in that time. I'm not sure I'll even remember it all for this post but I'll give it a go none the less. 

Gary and I stayed and ministered in Tokyo until Spring of 2019,  I have wonderful memories of our stay in Japan, though as far as sharing the Gospel, it was the most challenging country in which we have ever ministered. When we left, another couple took over the work and are still there laboring and they are not alone! There are now 4 churches in Japan in the Tokyo/ Yokohama and surrounding areas. We established a beach head thanks to Gary being half Japanese and having legal means to establish a missionary organization in Japan. It's so exciting to see what God is doing there! ❤

After Japan we returned to our home base in New Mexico and Gary was just getting his evangelist work going when the whole world was shut down because of the Covid 19 virus. What a mess that was! We lost several friends and co-laborers over the next year.  

Personally, I was several years into dealing with herniated discs in my back that had left me pretty much disabled in many ways. God had a surprise blessing for me though and when an evangelist prayed for me I was instantly healed...a healing that has continued all these years later ...thank you Lord!  I also ended up having some major surgery in 2020 with a long recovery but came through with flying colors and feel SO much better!



In October 2020 we hit the road again! We left behind my favorite rental ever...such a comfortable home that was a true joy to live in, even though some would have considered it definitely '70's dated but I loved it!



We headed out and took over the church in Cativa Panama, exchanging our spacious house for a tiny but cozy place in Panama.



We slipped in during an opening in the covid crisis and the country promptly shut down again.  We labored through curfews and protocols which were very strict here in Panama.  You don't know suffering until having to wear masks in the stifling humidity and heat of a rainforest! 😷 Our area is a bit rural with only about 35,000 population but unfortunately it is full of cartels and gangs and the violence associated with those things. The need here is great though and we have adapted. 








The biggest joy though about being in Panama is being able to visit our daughter who lives here with her husband in Panama City.  She stayed behind the last time we ministered here and we didn't see her for 13 years! It's such a blessing to have her nearby again. ❤



In January of 2021 I received word that both my brother Shaun and my Mother had terminal cancers. Shaun had quite advanced kidney cancer and he would pass away May 30th at only 59 years old.  I went home to Wisconsin to help my sister in Mom's end of life care from June until September. Mom passed in October. It was an especially dark and difficult chapter in my life but God is good and He carried me through and brought healing.  I sure miss them both terribly but I look forward to seeing them again in heaven someday.❤




Today, we continue our labors here in Panama and enjoy God's blessings. He has been so good to us! I have missed some of our travels while here, including visits to Belize and Costa Rica but I'll try to do some retro posts of those and anything else I realize I've forgotten later. For now that's about it! Laters!😊

1 comment: