Translate

Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th, 2014 A Single Drop

It always amazes me that on a planet with an ocean of people, the loss of a single drop makes the world feel emptier somehow.

Last week I received the call everyone dreads. The death of a loved one. My broken hearted mother, in tears, telling me that my sweet, younger brother was dead, he had suddenly and unexpectedly passed into eternity.
This isn't my first walk through the garden of grief, you'd think it'd get easier each time but it doesn't. Like my mother says, "The thing about grief  is, there is no going under, around or over it..you can only go through it." So I guess I will walk through this garden again, trusting God to carry me through the rough spots as He has always been faithful to do.
                                                                         
                                    Timothy, my childhood buddy and partner in crime.


Later in the week I went for a walk in the park near our home. Maybe it's because I'm a country girl, but getting out into nature helps settle my mind and soul when I am troubled. Here in the largest city in the world it's kind of hard to find a quiet spot, and the park was teeming with people, but it still helped to walk and enjoy the scenery. The cherry blossoms are falling from the trees now but I caught a few more pictures before the season passed.                                        
                                                                Inokashira Park

                                                                 A lone Cherry tree.

                                                 People on the lake in paddle boats.
                                                                             
                                                              Temple on the lake.

                                                               Fountain and temple

The temple is on an island.

I liked how blue the sky was.

Koi Fish

                                                                   He was hoping I'd feed him.


                   And, one last picture of my brother. He's looking down because he was always hunting agates.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    We're so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. We're praying for God to comfort you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Id also go walking to relax, Kinda hard to do that here.
    I love you mommy! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you are in my prayers dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely praying for you and as always if you need anything let us know

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss, made more difficult being so far from home. May Jehovah Rapha bring you much peace and comfort. You are in my thoughts and prayers here in Croatia. (I follow you bc we too are missionaries, sent out of Tucson last June, to establish a work in Croatia) CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and so sorry to hear about your loss. You've been in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures Aunt Lisa! Nature always seems to help me when I'm feeling down, too. Just something soothing & peaceful about it :). So sorry for your loss, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, sorry I haven't commented until now! Joe and I are sorry for your families loss. We always pray for you and Pastor.

    ReplyDelete