Translate

Friday, April 11, 2014

April 12th 2014 Calendar Wars!!!

So in my bid this week to keep busy and distracted from personal goings on, I did some more wandering and exploring. One afternoon I headed over to Nakano.  It's a few train stops up my train line so it's an easy trip.  Nakano is widely known as geek heaven here. There is a large shopping area full of collectibles and memorabilia that is fun to walk through and look at.  I however, decided to head a little farther outside of the immediate train area and explore around. I saw a sign that said Central Park and headed  in that direction..I like parks. When I arrived I was a bit disappointed, Central Park is obviously a new park with young trees and not a lot of space There were some food trucks and cafe style food places around the park though which was nice.   The day was nice and there were people out enjoying the park and fountain.
                                                                           
                                                             Central Park

All kids love fountains.

Food trucks 

This one serves Soul Food!

I ate at a British style cafe. I had the traditional English lunch. I have never been to England and don't wish to base my feelings regarding English cooking on this one meal. But neither the fish nor the batter it was fried in was salted..at all. It was very tasteless and not too impressive for my first try at fish and chips. The meat pie was alright as was the sausage roll but not that great really.  Hmmmm...

After visiting the park I headed back toward the station and went into Broadway Nakano to satisfy my inner geek.  On the way back I passed Sun Plaza hotel and concert hall. This neat clock is out front.


Apparently it's even cooler looking at night as you can see from this picture I stole from the internet:

                After that, I continued back over toward the Station and Nakano  Broadway.
                                                                      Nakano

                                          I also wandered a bunch of side streets.
                                                                     

                                          I especially liked the light fixtures down this street.
                                                                             


Notice how nice and clean even the little side streets are.
                                 


I saw this interesting little building with '80's style music I guess, complete with beat box! What really caught my attention were all the wires and rusty ducts, ladders and balcony.  It looks like parts of the building were just added to it willy nilly.  Looks like something you'd see in a futuristic sci-fi movie or something.

I was tired out in a good way by then so I headed back home.

Last month the picture on our home calender happened to be some bunny rabbits. Gary drew mustaches on them and then laughed at me because I never noticed. SO.... this month I've been running a test on him! Every day or so I added something new to this months calendar picture... first I drew some stuff and comments, then I started pasting pictures on it and he STILL hasn't noticed!!!! 
I'm out of room...




Yes, ours is THAT kind of marraige.  #wearesoweird


On to Food!!!!

One of the things I couldn't get used to in Panama was peoples' propensity to eat sandwiches for breakfast. I just couldn't wrap my head around the idea of sandwiches for breakfast.  Well this morning I broke that rule and had a sandwich for breakfast. I was out of eggs and it was really more of a brunch time so I went ahead with it. It was pretty good.
ham,salami,red cheddar cheese,lettuce,mayo and dijon mustard

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I get distracted by the ophthalmology appointment and the dentist appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling my husband how clean everything in the pics looked right before you mentioned it! Beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete