Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 26 2014 Our first church service!

                                                                           Hey there!
So, after all of last weeks running around and trying to get things set up we managed to have enough set up to have our first official church service in Japan! We were quite pleased with the turn out as there were 10 of us present... that doesn't sound like much but for a first service it's pretty good. I remember that we also started in Mexico with 8 people and now that's a huge church with many church plants under it's belt!  Anyway, service went well and Mr. N, our resident atheist, enjoyed his first Christian service ever and said he'd be back next Sunday!
                                                                                  

 
 For a small church, we are pretty international, there are 4 countries represented in this photo. Japan, the United States, the Dominican Republic and the Philippines.  We are definitely aiming to produce a Japanese church but in some ways it's good for the Japanese folks to see how a Christian church worships and to get an inclusive international mind set.
 
On Monday, we took the day off and relaxed... in the evening we did this again:
 
Yesterday the weather was SO nice... it got up to 73 degrees! I couldn't help myself and I headed out exploring to kokubunji to find the famous Tonogayato Park! I forgot my camera, unfortunately, but I stole this picture from the "intraweb" to share. Part of the park was this nice bamboo grove. I loved just listening to the rustle of the bamboo leaves , very peaceful! When I went the path was lined with straw mats which was also pretty.
 
 I'm definitely going back in a few months when it's in full summer greenery, with the camera, to see it again!  The park also included a traditional tea house and a residence that was owned by the prominent family who owned the parks land and gardens originally. There was a small water fall, a small pond and koi as well...it was a  nice park! I'll definitely remember my camera next time!
After going to the park I went by the church and cleaned it and then I headed home after picking up some bento stuff for Gary.
 
When I got home Gary surprised me with a Starbucks gift card! Yay!
 
 
Gary also bought a new pair of scissors... I'm expecting big things from this pair of scissors with an Almighty Blade! I feel like I should be able to cut through the forces of evil with this pair of scissors!!!
 
 
Today, it's a little cooler, in the 60's and overcast, but still spring like and pleasant!
 
On to Food!!!
 
Not a whole lot to report this week on the food front, I have been cooking but mostly things you all have seen already!  I did make some Mexican Quezadillas one night though and they were so good, mainly because we haven't had any in so long!  This is making me hungry for them again, maybe I'll make some for dinner tonight pa' quitar el granito de la lengua!!!
 
 
That's it for today!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... Your food looks so good. Great news about your first service. I enjoy reading about life in Japan.

    ReplyDelete