Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18th Deliveries, Irish Day and Stuff

                                                                 Greetings!

Ufda!!! Things have been pretty busy around here! Lot's of deliveries and work going on getting the church building ready.  Yesterday, Gary and I headed over with some of the light fixtures that have arrived. We're still waiting on the light bulbs, hopefully those will arrive soon.  The fixtures are for the track lighting, and since the ceiling is tall we also had to go buy a ladder!  How do you get a ladder when you haven't a truck to carry it in? You walk to a store, buy it and carry it back to the church between the two of you!
Sometimes I really miss church helpers and children!  Gary and I are neither svelte nor young for some of this stuff!                                                                      

Yesterday was also St. Patrick's Day. Here it is being celebrated Japanese Style!



Today, the chairs arrived!  Yay!!! Gary spent a long time online trying to find the best deal for the chairs. In the end he managed to get 60 chairs for the price of 50! 
I'm stealing this picture from Gary's instagram post!


The weather has been in the 60's the last couple of days which has been really nice. It's supposed to cool down again into the lower 50's, but it definitely looks like Spring is on the way!

My mother-in-law put in a request for some Fu. Fu is a dried baked wheat gluten that is used in soups. I found some pretty cherry blossom ones to send her. I made the post office lady laugh though when she asked what I was mailing and I told her Fu. I guess that wasn't what she expected a foreigner to be mailing! 

On to food!!!

Divorciados!!!! Huevos that is!!! The other day Gary was late to the breakfast table so I yelled, "Divorciados!!!" (Divorced!!!) And he replied, "Just for being late?!" 
Huevos divorciados are fried eggs on fried corn tortillas with green salsa on one half and red salsa on the other half. Thanks to the delivery of some maseca I've been able to cook a few Mexican dishes and corn tortillas! Making the tortillas has been tricky since I left my tortilla press in the States but where there's a will there's a way and I've got it figured out!
I've made mole de olla , molotes and huevos divorciados so far! Yummy!!!

Huevos Divorciados!

                                                                     
Molotes

We ate the mole de olla before I could take a picture but here is a picture of some earlier mole de olla that I made to give you an idea. I was able to make the mole de olla because somebody brought me some chile guajillos! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment