Translate

Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 27th 2014

We received an email today from one of our children asking for us to send her baby pics for one of her university classes.  "Uh, sweetie, we didn't have a digital camera back then and all our photo albums with baby pictures are in storage in the States." I found one baby picture ... sigh.  Gary and I joked about looking for online baby pictures of babies that looked like her....lol. I told her since she has such weird parents who have all her pictures in storage she could always use this anime facsimile!
                                                                    

 Another peril of missionary life I guess...poor kid.  To top it off, it's for a psychology class so they'll probably think she led an abused childhood with no baby pictures taken of her by her awful parents.

Anyway, we had a busy week. Still negotiating the whole building thing..as they say in my land (Wisconsin)...UFDA! God is moving, none the less, with the folks we have been working with and I know we'll get a building where and when He wants us too! In the meantime keep praying please!
                                                                  
 
I was out shopping and I found some bacon that actually looked like American bacon! This is very exciting because while Japanese bacon is tasty, it is very lean and doesn't leave any fat in the pan after cooking it. This may be healthier but I use bacon grease in many cooking recipes, mainly in my southern husbands' breakfast gravy!  He has truly been suffering without his biscuits and gravy! Anyway, this bacon cooked up delicious and I was finally, for the first time, able to make some gravy! We were happy campers! Now I will have to work on making biscuits. For all my culinary prowess I've never perfected a good biscuit! Today, we just used thick slice toast pulled in pieces with gravy and scrambled eggs. 
 
This week Gary brought me home a pretty houseplant. It wasn't bloomed at all when he brought it, but overnight it blossomed into this! So pretty and cheery!

I was out and about in Tachikawa and stopped at the KFC for lunch. I had to buy one of their promotional Hello Kitty/Coronel Sanders bento boxes...it was just too cute!
                                                                  
 
                                                           (The chicken was good too!)


    Well that's it for now! Hope all of you in the COLD zones are staying warm! Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment