Translate

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16th 2014

Time for another update! We finally have some sunshine today after more cloudy rainy stuff! Yay! I was dreaming of the old days!

Of course this means Quick do laundry while it's sunny out!

Gary and I have had a busy several days visiting with people. First, we were introduced to Rie through a visiting brother from the Ogden church. We had a nice dinner and visit and she lives pretty close by too so that's good! 


 A few days later we were going to have Sean and Komaki over for dinner. I cleaned the house and was making a nice pot of stew and rice. Gary had gone to the train station in Kichioji to meet up with them and bring them to the house on the Mu bus. Everything was good until I was doing some final last minute seasoning and I opened the bottle of liquid smoke wrong and accidentally dumped 1/2 the bottle into the stew!!!!! 
Since dinner was no longer fit for human consumption (though Gary and I attempted it the next night), I quickly called Gary in a panic! In the end we went to Plan B; I ran to the train station, we all met up and went out to dinner! 

A couple of days later, Gary had a meet up with a very pleasant elderly atheist gentleman who wants to know more about Jesus! They had a very nice visit and are getting together again tomorrow!

On Monday, it was a national holiday called Coming of Age Day. It's a special day for all young people who turned 20 in the past year. While out and about I saw many young ladies in formal kimono wear, I didn't have my camera handy but here's a picture from the intraweb to give you an idea!

I saw several girls on my way to meet up with Yasuyo and her cute son Kenchan! We went to spend the day at Inokashira park and to visit the zoo there.


We terrorized some guinea pigs.

That's it for today, I have laundry to hang! 

2 comments:

  1. First off i want the Acapulco picture/pictures! Panama is also going into sunny season so you know What that means (besides more heat) Beach time! looks like you're meeting people and having fun. I woulnd have liked to See more then guinea pigs from the zoo though! Lol Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zoo was funny, it had a squirrel habitat! I've never thought of making a place to exhibit common squirrels! Apart from the elephant, it was pretty much a farm zoo.. with goats and ducks and chickens so no big deal. The guinea pigs really were the high point! Lol!
      I'll have to see if daddy has the Acapulco pics to send to you on his computer. Smooch!

      Delete