Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24th 2013

Hello Everyone! Wow! I knew I'd been slacking on the ol'blog but I didn't realize it'd been this long, sorry about that.Who knows if there's anybody still out there even, but either way, here goes!
Things have been moving along here, we're still building hunting, but we have been meeting up with some people in the mean time. I'm still in contact with the lady we met for coffee, in fact I'm hoping to see her again this Wednesday and get to visit some more. We have e-mailed in the meantime, but since she just started a new job this is the first we've been able to get together again since our first meeting.
Gary and I also met up with some folks from Atsuko's church who wanted to introduce us to a British guy who is married to a Japanese lady.
 We went out for lunch and then afterwards met up with his wife as well and had some donuts and coffee. Later Gary went out to lunch with the husband for Indian curry and they had a good visit so we are hoping for good things there!   The naan bread at this place is insanely large!


Christmas is starting to get in full swing here, the lights are set up and look so pretty around the city.  We haven't gotten a tree yet, maybe this week sometime or next after Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I found a small turkey, about 7 pounds, that should fit in the crockpot! I've found some yams, and cranberry sauce and stuffing mix so it should be good! yay!

The other day I was walking to the library and happened to catch some kids leaving school for the day as I was filming.


Here's me crossing the street to go into the library, I usually park my bike on the right with the other bikes but I walked that day.
I ended up walking to the library and then to Mitaka station and then almost all the way to Kichijoji and finally back home!     One thing I like about Japan is there are flowers all year round, even in the winter you'll find them!






On to food!
This first one is my "stroll through the kitchen" as Gary called it. It started as a cheeseburger and morphed into Cheese burger al caballo(with fried egg on top) with smoked sausage,grilled onions and chopped jalapenos with a little steak sauce! It was delicious..but Gary thought I was nuts!
 
This is just one of our breakfasts. I scrambled eggs with roasted cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and asparagus. After growing up with all the free asparagus we could want just growing wild around the land it's hard for me to pay $ for it, but I sure do love it!
 
This is a traditional Japanese breakfast. A couple of eggs fried/poached on top of some bacon slices, with a little soy sauce. On the side is some rice with furikake. The only thing missing is some miso soup.

Tonight, I broke out my donabe pot and made some kimchi pork nabe with 2 types of mushrooms,leeks,tofu,noodles and japanese cabbage

That's it folks! Have a great week and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts -- and always look for them! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading your blog after stumbling across it. We'll be moving to Brazil from Texas as missionaries in January. I enjoy reading about your adventures and will keep your building situation in prayer. God bless.
    Melody Nava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy my ramblings! Brazil! That's exciting! God Bless!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I just saw that my last comment posted 6 times! Oops! I'm so new at this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly not alone, and I love to catch up with your blogs, so keep 'em coming! So glad to hear you are getting to meet up with some people here and there. I know God has great things for you, so keep the faith! Your foods looks scrumptious! Anticipating that Japanese breakfast....looking forward to "things" in the new year!!! Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Pastor! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My faithful blog buddy! I'm looking forward to April! :-)

      Delete