Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kawaii!

Kawaii in Japanese means cute. If I was going to use one word to describe this country Kawaii would certainly be in the running. Japan has a ridiculously, inordinate amount of CUTE things! Gary and I went to Tokyo train station the other day and there was a whole wall filled with cute things,  tons of figurines and knick knacks, including cute bunny in a kimono! How cute is that?!
wall of cuteness!

Kawaii Usagi!!!



I've been in kitchen stores and right next to the dishes and pans will be a bunny nabe pot, or the cutest little kitty bowl, I wouldn't be able to cook or eat without saying , "AWWW,  kawaii!"



Panda Nabe Pot

We spent an afternoon in Tachikawa with Atsuko last week. She took us to a mall and the whole 6th floor was filled with just cute stuff! Pens shaped like rocket ships or vegetables, erasers that were very detailed cars, buttons with grumpy cats on them, darling billfolds and purses, so much cuteness everywhere!
And then we went to the food floor, there is a whole floor with amazing food gifts. I saw a custard shop and couldn't help myself from buying a custard in it's own cute little crock! Which I took home and ate with a cute little wooden spoon!



Then I went to the 7-11 and I found the cutest little melon sherbet in little plastic melon containers!

 
 
Melon Sherbet

 
                                                           
                                                At a 7-11...ridiculous!


                                                                              

                                                  Even the airplanes are cute!


 Anyway, I think you get the idea, LOTS of cute stuff here. Cute Food, Cute kitchen stuff, cute clothes, cute stationary,cute gadgets... Kawaii!!!

1 comment: