Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Nakano

 
So Gary and I decided to go check out another area of town (hmmm.. guess calling Tokyo a "town" is probably not the best adjective to use, anyway...) called Nakano. We had read that Nakano has a lot of young people and especially it's where Geeks like to hang out. One of the things Nakano is famous for is Nakano Broadway.. it's several levels of stores and shops with many different things. Hipster style clothing, games and geek collectables like action figures etc. I saw some really cool Iron Man helmets, anime action figurines and stuff like that. Anyway, it really was cool since I'm a bit of a Geek myself...  

Nakano Broadway

(That picture cracks me up as it looks like I'm photo shopped into it, but I wasn't!)

Anyway, Nakano had all sorts of interesting things to see including this Indian Shop, I had to take a picture for my India Crazy, friend Heather!  
Hi Heather!



 
We also ran into a Japanese Walmart here, it goes by the name Seiyo here and so far I'm not terribly impressed. Mostly they made Japanese products and added the Great Value seal on them.  I was hoping for a few more American items.. oh well, when in Japan...

On the way home we hit rush hour at the Train Station, apparently that's around 9 p.m.! Wow! people work really late here!
It was the most crowded train I've been on here so far. I became far CLOSER to the Japanese people than I planned! I somehow managed to take a video...don't mind all my "oh my! Can you believe how crowded this train is faces!" Oh and I wasn't really aiming so it's a little ...okay ALOT unprofessional!



Nakano was a very interesting area of town, LOTS of people, (Well there's LOTS of people EVERYWHERE here!), but a nice assortment of young and college age people as well as older folks. A possible area to plant a church? Maybe! 

 

1 comment: