Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

October 7th 2014

Hello all! (Well at least 2 of you as that is my official number of followers)  It's been a relatively quiet past week or so but I thought I ought to catch you up on What's Up!
After the great Mt. Takao adventure I pretty much stayed home for about 4 days, I only left home for the absolutely necessary. Why you may wonder was that? Because apparently I'm an OLD lady and climbing a gazillion stairs up a mountain did terrible things to all of my leg muscles and even shuffling around the house hurt! Lol!  Fortunately, after much ibuprophen and not walking for those days my legs finally went back to normal!  So the next week I was able to meet up with Mitos and go exploring some of her side of Tokyo. We met up in Gotanda first and went looking for the South american market the Mexican lady I had met told me about. It wasn't where it was supposed to be but we saw the Peruvian Consulate so we just went in there and asked a random lady where it was. It was a good guess because it was right in the same building!  I was able to find a few things at the store but not much. I did find some Peruvian chiles that I'm going to try to incorporate as substitutes into Mexican dishes, we'll see how that works out.Or I may just try my hand at Peruvian cooking, I hear it's delicious, we'll see!  After that, we did some walking and exploring, finally ending up at a shopping area with several second hand shops. We had fun looking at those and we both found a couple of things to purchase as well.    
                                                                     


                                We were hungry so we had some coffee and sandwiches at Douters!                                            

It was a nice time and then we both headed back home.
The rest of the time has been filled with church and home activities.
Yesterday though,  I managed to fit a typhoon and a dentist appointment all into one day! Fortunately, as soon as typhoons pass beautiful clear blue skies come blowing in! You'd never guess that just a short time before this photo it was a typhoon outside!

After the dentist, I did a little shopping in Kichijoji and stopped at McDonalds to try their new Mushroom Risotto balls. They were pretty good!

The weather is moving more and more toward Autumn, a bit cooler in the evenings and I've even used a sweater a couple of times now. I guess I'll have to pull out my winter clothes soon and put away the summer stuff.  Of course, back in my home state, it's already very cold out. Here's a picture of my visit home to Wisconsin back in 2011 at this same time of year! Yes, that's how we dress up North, hat and all! 

That's it for now! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment