Translate

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 20th 2014 Global Warming....NOT!!!!

It's been a busy week. Lots of running around and also some being trapped in the house. So much for global warming, we got another blizzard this week! I had gone to the dentist a midst some flurries on Friday but by the time I came out it was REALLY coming down! To top it off, I had to run a few errands and my timing for all the buses was off so I ended up running errands and walking all the way home. It's a pretty long walk especially in snow! When I came in the door, I was covered in snow all over my coat and head!
I had succeeded with my errands though which was to pick up some chocolates and cheeses for Gary for Valentine's day!                                          
 Here, the women give the men chocolate and then on White day, a month later, if the men liked the women they give them chocolate back, but more! I hope Gary likes me....
                                                                         

Valentine's Day is also special to us because it's the birthday of our oldest child. Happy 29th birthday Timmy!!!!                                                          

On Thursday, Gary and I were in Shibuya meeting up with a pastor and his family from one of our churches in Australia. We had a nice visit and ate donuts at Krispi Kreme! Afterwards, they had to head back to their hotel so Gary and I did a little wandering around. (No, that isn't our car, lol)
                                                                         
We found a neat restaurant at the top of a building... the elevator had a great view of the area!
                                                                         

 The restaurant had a very reasonable lunch menu so we stopped for lunch and had our Valentine's Day dinner a day early!

On church building news, Gary has been working all week finalizing things with the Realtor and owner. The owner wanted a corporate profile, so with expert help from a missionary in Belize, he was able to get that to them and that should be the final red tape needed before signing the contract! I just love our Fellowship and all the helpful brothers and sisters around the world! (Big thank you to Melissa!!!)  If all goes well, we should be in the building by March 1st!

On Sunday, the 16th, it was our youngest daughter's birthday. Happy 23rd birthday Hopie! As Alejandra in Mexico City, liked to say, "Cabello de oro,dientes de perla, la bella y esvelta Hope!"
                                                                             
In other big news, our Hopie will be coming to visit us in a week! She surprised us with the news that she got a plane ticket and managed to squeeze out a week between university and work! Yay! I can't wait to hug her!

Gary ordered me a desk for Valentine's Day! Now you can see where I work churning out this captivating blog of mine! Lol!                                                      

On to food!

So, as I mentioned earlier, Gary and I ate at that nice restaurant in Shibuya. Gary had delicious grilled Unagi  and I had some very tasty chicken yakitori! The ambiance was very nice, the food was quite good and the company, of course, was the best! Gary's food came in a sizzling hot stone bowl!
                                                                               

 For desert, I ordered the house custard, it was delicious with a wonderful caramelized creme brulee style crust!  Aren't the serving dishes cute?!

Yesterday, I made us a bread pudding with raisins for breakfast... it was the first time I've made bread pudding but we both liked the results!

So that's it for now! I'll get back to you soon when something else interesting happens! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment